Friday, June 10, 2011

I took my worries to the water's edge



My mindpod/mentaljukebox is seriously a mystery. Random songs pop into it ALL the time.. and they always fit...somehow. Musical of my life! Hahahha, well this one started playing tonight and then I remembered, I saw him perform the song live himself last year at the Go-Between Bridge Concert! Mr Bob Evans, alongside....


 It was a rather AMAZING set, to say the very least, seriously, a concert...ON A BRIDGE! -Twas for the opening of the new Go-Between Bridge in the CBD. There's definitely a first for everything! Cannot believe it was almost a year ago too! I went with Phuong, right after Yee's birthday picnic in the Southbank Parklands. I recall Danni was supposed to come along too, my usual festival buddy and BFF but let's just say printing and bringing along a ticket usually helps a great deal :Pl!

Highlights: being pretty petite, Phuong and I were able to nab ourselves a pretty decent view close to the front!
Lowlights: Camera battery dying. I don't think I even managed to get one pic ):
Twas an all-ages concert. Now don't get me wrong, I've nothing against these kids, but they do lack concert etiquette by a long shot!

eg: talking through any song being performed that they'd not heard before/wasn't the latest hit/ONLY SONG that they'd ever heard of.
-and: Yes, you're young, yes you're still in school, and DESPITE YOUR RUDENESS LIKE TALKING THROUGH PERFORMANCES, a concert ground is not where you let people bigger than you ie: adults, barge through in front of you willy-nilly in the spot you'd been standing at (and had saved) for the past (x)amount of time. BECAUSE EVERYONE BEHIND YOU, CONSEQUENTLY, WILL GET NUDGED THAT LITTLE BIT FURTHER BACK! And letting one or two people I can usually tolerate, but when people notice, and you keep letting people through, and people keep noticing, so MORE people keep 'squeezing through' it really does take it's toll when you end up half a mile back from where you started! Sorry I may sound hypocritical right now, and I don't mean to be size-ist or what have you but these people tended to be big people too. Big, TALL people who prevented a would be-epic view of the stage! Gah! And you! BIG PEOPLE! Yeah, you SHOULDN'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE TOO-POLITE, teeny munchkin under-eighteens! You KNOW they wouldn't push you back... D;


Anyway, there's my year-overdue cover of the Go-Between Bridge Concert.
Now, back to study 8).

OH PS! How amazinglysexycharmingswoonworthyhilarious was Miguel, the chef on Masterchef tonight?! (Yeah, a rare occasion my eyes met the television screen whilst TURNED ON :O!).
Also, my mother baked cookies. Super study fooooood. Fresh, warm. Delicious. Epic with icecream. And Tea.

STAY WARM Y'ALL!!

Many hugshugshugs!
-Mizzzzzcookies! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment